It sounds good, it taste delicious!
The arancia rossa (red orange) also named tarocco is one of the most delicious autochthonous cultivar in Sicily. It a typical winter orange, widely used for fresh juice.
It's also a perfect ingredient for a typical Sicilian gelo (sort of fruit jelly).
Preparing the gelo
serves 6/8 people
half a lt of orange juice
180 grams of sugar
half a squeezed lemon
17 grams of gelatine
1. Squeeze the organges to get half a liter of juice. Pour it into a bowl and add the lemon juice.
2. Prepare a syrup, boiling half a lt of water and adding the sugar, stirring well so to dissolve it.
3. Pour some water into a bowl, dip the gelatine sheets and let it soften for about 5 minutes. Then, wring it and add into the syrup. Stir until it is completeply dissolved.
4. Pour everything into the juice bowl, strir well. Pour the mixture into a pudding mould (better if made of alluminium or glass). Put it into the fridge for at least 2/3 hours.
5. When it gets a jelly consistency, put it in a double boiler (bain-marie) with lukewarm water for a few seconds. Then, turn it upside down using a plate or a tray.
6. Decorate with pistach powder, slice ad serve it.
You can also use whipped cream, fresh fruit, almonds or chocolate flakes to decorate it.